Kitchen utensils, especially flatware, have been around for many years, and today there are wide varieties of designs, materials, and styles that can be adapted to the consumer's taste. One of the predominant materials in the world of flatware is stainless steel. This is because it is easy to work, durable, and easy to maintain. An 18/10 stainless steel utensil can last for years and pass from generation to generation.
In the same way, there are several brands of flatware that have been around for hundreds of years, and that today offer the best quality in their products. Read on and learn a bit about the most common and globally known flatware brands:
List of Flatware Brands
This is an Italian family business that has operated since 1921, and whose main principle is to create and make designs that move and transmit some kind of emotion to people. Their creations seek to have a positive influence on different aspects, which in turn are interrelated: their employees and customers, and our planet. Putting all this together create the dream factory.
This factory that makes items for the home, not only seeks that its products are functional but also be linked to art and poetry, to achieve the aforementioned objective: to reach people while telling a story.
With almost a century of operation, Alessi inaugurated a museum in 1998, in which they show objects, prototypes, catalogs, and much more, collected throughout history.
Alessi makes all kinds of objects for your home or office, including furniture, home décor, and kitchen tools. This last item includes, of course, flatware. Here we mention the best-selling sets by Alessi:
- Nuovo Milano: Designed by Ettore Sottsass and Alberto Gozzi. This is a cutlery set, which includes a tablespoon, a table fork, a table knife, a dessert fork, and a teaspoon. All made with 18/10 stainless steel. It offers a simple and beautiful design and is also dishwasher safe.
- KnifeForkSpoon: This is a 5-piece set made with 18/10 stainless steel and designed by Jasper Morrison. It offers a consistent and minimalist design.
These are just a couple of sets that Alessi has to offer, however, all their flatware is made of high quality 18/10 stainless steel.
Robbe & Berking
Founded in 1875 by the German Nicolaus Christoph Robbe, this Flensburg-based Company has built a reputation over the years for its production of silverware. However, they also make flatware out of other materials, such as stainless steel.
In 1877, the silversmith Rober Berking began to work as an assistant in the company, and it was when it began to grow. That is why his name is added to the company’s brand later. Despite being hard hit by WWII, the Robbe & Berking brand emerged to be one of the most recognized brands in Europe.
In their collection, they offer a variety of flatware made of 18/8 stainless steel, among which are: Atlantic-Brillant, Baltic, Scandia, Jardin, Ostfriesen, and York.
All the stainless Steel collections available include different types of knives, spoons, forks, ladles, and many other utensils, which you can purchase individually so that you can assemble your set your way. Besides, you have the option of adding personalized engraving on the handle of the utensils.
Villeroy & Boch
It is considered one of the main companies in the world that work with ceramics. François Boch founded it in Germany in 1748, and later Nicolas Villeroy, who was one of its main competitors, joined the company, which was renamed to create Villeroy & Boch. Currently, they are dedicated not only to the production of ceramics works, but they have also expanded to the production of household items from other materials, such as stainless steel.
Luckily, for you, they offer a wide variety of flatware sets that can be adapted to the occasion you need. Let’s take a look at the most requested sets from Villeroy & Boch:
- Piemont Flatware Set: This set includes 40 pieces of 18/10 stainless steel, safe to use in the dishwasher. It is a sophisticated set, ideal for both daily use and special occasions.
- Play! Flatware Set: It is a 24-piece set of 18/10 stainless steel, with a handle made of synthetic material. Play with the colors of the handle to add a special touch that fits in with the decoration of your event. The available colors are blue, chocolate, green, red, white, and yellow.
- Mademoiselle Flatware Serving Set: with this set, you have 4 essential stainless Steel utensils to serve your meals. Contains one Serving spoon (slotted), one Serving fork, one Sauce ladle, and one traditional Serving spoon.
This company has been in the household goods market for over 167 years. It was founded in Germany, specifically in Geislingen an der Steige by Daniel Straub. The most important thing for WMF is to offer products that can be used by people around the world, either to prepare or taste the food. On its website, you can find a wide catalog of products related to the home, including cookware, bar and wine, coffee and tea, and flatware.
They are considered as an expert culinary company, since they take care that each of their designs is perfectly functional and of high quality, allowing the customer to enjoy the experience of using their products.
Let’s see below some of their most wanted flatware:
- Vela Flatware Set: This is a set of 20 pieces in total, which includes a dinner knife, a dinner fork, a salad or dessert fork, a dinner spoon, and a teaspoon (4 of each). All utensils are made of 18/10-stainless Steel, and you will notice a high polished finish.
- Taika Flatware Set: This set has the same number of pieces as the Vela. However, the style is quite different. The design looks quite delicate and slim, with unusual proportions that stand out to the eye while remaining a functional utensil.
They also have a variety of utensils such as cocktail forks, cake knives, spreaders, cake servers, and more.
Traditionally they are dedicated to creating fine silver and silver-plated cutlery; however, they also make accessories and flatware in stainless steel. Since 1810 when the company was created in Bremen Germany, the designs of its creation have been influenced by elegance, sophistication, and, of course, excellent workmanship. The founder was Hans Martin Wilkens, who was a master goldsmith of the time, who knew how to develop his ideas, following ideas and traditions that are still valid today.
At WILKENS they are responsible for using the best materials, to ensure that each piece created is durable, as well as the Wilkens legacy, passed from generation to generation.
Let’s get to know the most popular sets from WILKENS:
- Palladio Cutlery Set: This set features 60 pieces made of 18/10 stainless steel, with a polished finish. Adding this cutlery to your collection will make your table even more captivating.
- Cantone Cutlery Set: This 18/10 stainless steel for 12 people has a satin finish. Whether as a gift or to have at home, it will be the ideal choice.
This is one of the oldest companies in the home market. Peter Henckels founded ZWILLING back in 1731, in Solingen Germany. It has been recognized worldwide as a company that manufactures household items and has won awards in San Francisco, Chicago, Paris, and London.
This company has inspired the world in many ways. It started as a small project in a small town, and it became what it is today; a leading company in the production of excellent quality products, with advanced technologies and a passion for a job well done, reaching all over the world. Besides, the company has branches in different parts of the world.
Let’s see some of the best flatware sets from ZWILLING.
- Opus Flatware Set: With 40 pieces made of high-quality 18/10 stainless steel, this set will bring elegance and light to your table.
- Bellasera Flatware Set: This 8 x 5 piece set offers a simple and classic design. Made of 18/10 stainless steel, it is ideal for any occasion.
- Henckels Silvano Flatware Set: This is an 8 x 5 piece cutlery set that includes a dinner fork, salad fork, soup spoon, teaspoon, and dinner knife, and an additional five serving utensils, which include serving spoon and fork, slotted spoon, butter knife, and sugar spoon.
All ZWILLING utensils made from 18/10 stainless steel are easy to clean, as they are dishwasher safe.
Here we showed you some of the most recognized brands when it comes to home and office items. As you may have noticed, the Germans are leaders on the subject, because they have been developing in the household items branch for hundreds of years.
History, quality, family, and the world, are some of the words that define the brands mentioned above. Although each one has its history and different style, they all have something in common: offering the best product to the consumer. Besides, it does not only serve to be used in the kitchen and at home but also to help generate a welcoming environment, in which you can create memories by sharing with family and friends.
Flatware sets are the ideal investment for your dining table. Elegant and flashy - that's how you want to impress your guest! Find the most elegant stainless steel flatware here...Continue Reading